Compassionate Thoughts by Debbie

There is help for your hurting heart.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thanking God For Holiday blessings

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Trust everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I just want to take this blog, to thank God for the nice peaceful Christmas he blest us with. Cheryl, Kevin & Zach came to our house for Christmas this year. It was such a nice, peaceful day! We had a lot of good finger foods, this year! We have done that now, for the past couple years. We enjoy that, as we always have such a big Thanksgiving feast, the finger foods are kind of a nice break from the norm! As we stood around our dining room table, hands linked in prayer, thanking & praising God for His goodness, and all his blessings throughout the year, my mind wandered to people that are less fortunate then we are, and I sent up a special prayer in their behalf. My mind also wandered away back to a former time , two Christmas's ago, when my Dear Mother was in that prayer circle with us, and she was at my house for Christmas. Yes, we definitely had a missing link in that prayer chain. Oh, how, the memories and grief flooded my soul, and shook me right down to the very core of my being. Not wanting to put a damper on our joyous time together, I never said a word. But Cheryl , and pretty much everybody
else knew what I was thinking, when the prayer ended, and tears of grief were pouring down my face.
Any of you that have lost loved ones, know how this time of year, can bring back floods of memories. But I am so thankful we have a heavenly Father to call on who helps us through these times! Praise God. The day turned out very nice, and we were so thankful to be with our loved ones! Missed all the ones we couldn't be with, too. Zach also wanted to have his 13th birthday at his Aunt  Debbie's house on the same day, too! That made us feel pretty good. His birthday is Dec. 26th. New years eve. was real special, too, as we went to L.D.'s daughters house. She cooked a wonderful dinner for us. She and her husband, and his Dad couldn't have made us any more welcome..And those adorable  grands, who are 13 & 6 always bring a smile to our faces. I thank God to see another new year, and for all his many, many blessings. My Christian home , along with my Husband, L.D. & Son, Mark mean more to me everyday! I always get a little sad to see the holidays go. I know it bothers a lot of people, in this way, but Lord willing, we can look forward to it, again.My resolutions for this year, are to be more like Christ, to stop and smell the roses along the way, and to be a blessing and help to everyone I cross paths with. Things on this earth don't last forever, and all good things must come to an end. The holidays are no different, they come, and they go. But one thing that remains the same, is God's unchanging hand .Let us hold firm to that nail scared hand, and embrace the new year with joy in our hearts, and with a spring in our step! Until next time, God bless ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. This was such a sweet, dear post! Yes, I knew your heart was breaking as we stood there. Her absence is so real when we are all together. But, how grateful I am that we can share each other's sorrow and help each other through. We had SUCH a wonderful Christmas Day at your house, and Zach is still talking about how much he enjoyed his birthday party there and how good you all were to him. We love you all dearly and cherish every moment we can spend together. God is so good and faithful. Love you so much, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete